Paste image into editor

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the ability to paste images from the clipboard into the post editor, instead of needing to save and upload?

Thanks,
Aaron

Hey @aaronmoodie :wave: This will definitely be possible with our new Koenig editor that’s currently in development (beta arriving shortly) but it’s unlikely the behaviour will be added to the current markdown editor.

Creating an image card when pasting an image in the new wysiwyg editor is not implemented just yet but should be ready in the next couple of weeks. Keep an eye on the forum for our beta announcement if you want to test it out.

1 Like

Hey @Kevin, thanks for the reply.

Awesome! I thought that might be the case, no worries that it’s not coming to the markdown editor. I’ll be upgrading to Koeing as soon as it’s ready.

Thanks for the tip on the beta announcement too. :smile: Will do!

@aaronmoodie image pasting is available in the Koenig beta as of Ghost 1.23.1, unfortunately browser support is rather limited due to security restrictions. At least on macOS, Safari is the only browser that allows JavaScript access to multiple pasted images. Chrome only allows access to a single pasted image and Firefox doesn’t allow access to any pasted files.

Hopefully in the future there will be better browser support for this feature.

Thanks @Kevin, I’ve got it all working in Safari. :+1: