Post creation with cards via Zapier

Hi. I have setup Zapier such that when a new video is posted on my YouTube channel it will automatically create a post on my Ghost blog. It will title the post using the title of the video, then in the body of the post insert the YouTube URL and video description.

However I would like, if possible, for the video URL to be “converted” to a YouTube card as it is when using the Koenig editor. Before I bash my head against the wall: IS THIS POSSIBLE? As it stands, the URL is inserted as plain text.

Thanks,

Jamie

You should be able to do it. I’m not entirely familiar with how the Zapier integration works, but you should be able to use this block in the Content (HTML) filed. Just replace STEP_HERE with the embed URL field in Zapier

<figure class="kg-card kg-embed-card">
  <iframe width="480" height="270" src="STEP_HERE?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
</figure

I grabbed the HTML from a youtube embed in a Ghost post

Good luck!

I didn’t even think of using HTML :flushed:

Thanks.

Do I need to create another post on why the video description isn’t being formatted correctly with line breaks etc :man_facepalming:t2: