Publish embedded Youtube in post using Zapier

Hello,

I was able to publish content in Ghost connecting Zapier + Gmail.
It works ok with plain text, but what I wanted to do is to publish a YouTube video (embed).
What Zapier does is to write the URL of the video, not embedding the video. I tried many things but none of them worked for me.
Have you ever tried this with success?
Thanks

So do you want to publish a post in Ghost from a Gmail mail?

Hello, to be more precise what I want is:

1. Share a YouTube video sending the link to my Gmail
  2. Connect Zapier to Gmail in order to get the video URL from the email.
  3. Connect Zapier to Ghost to publish a post with the video.

Thanks

I kind of get it but there are a couple things (sorry if im asking too much):

1. Why do you want to add a video to a post already done from Gmail?
  2. Is your intention always post from Gmail?
  3. Are you trying to use Gmail + Ghost similar to when you save articles in Pocket? You get ideas and then you “save them” by sending a mail.

In my opinion, the best workaround is to make a post in gmail using markdown with something like Markdown here. Put the video using Markdown and then try it again.

@Joan_Moreno when configuring the Ghost integration’s “publish post” step, if you change the format to “html” you can embed Youtube videos with something like this:

<!--kg-card-begin: html-->
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{video id}" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<!--kg-card-end: html-->

You’ll likely need an extra “Formatter” step before the Ghost step so that you can extract the video id from the url.

2 Likes

No worries.
Imagine that you are away from your computer and you want to post a video that you saw in your mobile.
By sharing the video to your Gmail, Zapier makes the post in Ghost.

Thanks!

Hi @Kevin , I think you are right.
I will try, thanks!

Makes sense. I do it all the time as well, but i use the native apps which is easier!

I was asking to see if i could go beyond. If you have an android phone, you can install the app and just place it in a draft. That’s what i do (i like simple things).

Anyways, if you feel more comfortable with Gmail, @Kevin’s suggestion is on point.

That’s it! It works.
Thanks @Kevin

1 Like

Thanks so much for this!!! Now to see if it works with vimeo links!

UPDATE: Works great with vimeo links without the formatter.

<!--kg-card-begin: html-->
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/{VIMEO VIDEO ID}" width="640" height="564" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<!--kg-card-end: html-->
2 Likes