Repurposing Content on Medium

Hi friends. Question for those of you repurposing Ghost content on Medium as a marketing tool: Are you cutting and pasting an entire post on Medium, with directions to your Ghost site to sign up? Are you creating customized posts that tease your content? Others? Thanks in advance - looking forward to learning from you all.

1 Like

I do both. I have a medium publication that I co-run with another writer, so all of my contributions are published to both my personal (ghost) blog and the medium publication. In my context it makes sense to upload the whole post to both, but I could see a use for going the ‘teaser’ route. I would wager that it wouldn’t work unless you already have a good following on Medium, though.

1 Like

Thanks for this, Dalton - I’ve started publishing, or re-publishing, to Medium as well. Appreciate your advice.

I’ve tried posting to Medium using RSS and Zapier. The problem I found with Medium is that it doesn’t actually show your article to anybody unless you actually link people to the article. And if I’m going to link people to something I wrote, I’m just going to link directly to my blog.

1 Like

That makes sense. Thanks, Dan.