Switching home to a page - issues

Hi there,

I’m trying to make a page of mine the home for my website and ran into these two articles:

From the first I understood that the very first step in doing it would be to remove the route for collections on /
Done.

Then I moved on to copy the page.hbs file and rename it home.hbs. Saved, compressed the file under a new name, say casper_SD and uploaded it to Ghost.

According to the second article (and some posts here in the forum from 2 years ago) I should get something like this as my Routes file:

My page has the slug home btw, and the template is also called home.hbs

routes:
  /: 
    data: page.home
    template: home

collections:
  /blog/:
    permalink: /blog/{slug}/
    template: index

taxonomies:
  tag: /tag/{slug}/
  author: /author/{slug}/

The issue is that whenever I upload this to the routes the home page gets blank (similar to this post, but the solution provided there didn’t work)

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

• create a copy template of pages & rename to home.hbs (the only thing different from Casper)
  • zipped and uploaded the theme to Ghost and activated it
  • update the route with the template info and the data: page.home attribute, as above
  • tripplechecked that the page I want as home is saved, published and using the /home/ slug

I tried fiddling with the route file, switching the template to page and trying to fetch other pages but it all ends up not working in different ways.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Cheers!