Trying to add "ads.txt" to the root directory

I’m trying to add the file “ads.txt” to my root directory for solving some problems with Google Adsense. I already uploaded my theme with that file in the theme’s root directory and restarted Ghost, but when I try to access the file (tutoriales.tech/ads.txt), I’m getting 422 error: Validation (isSlug) failed for slug.

What can I do?

Regards.

Hey there, just clicked on the link and there’s some sort of Google verification ID on it now. I guess it’s working now?

Hi there

I don’t want to open a new topic. I just came across this problem too. How can I upload this ads.txt to the not self hosted Ghost Plattform?

Thanks
Kind regards
Reto

You’ll have to check with who you’re hosting Ghost with as to how you can upload txt files

@Reto for static .txt files you can put them in your theme’s root directory, regardless of who’s hosting your Ghost instance

1 Like

Hi

I don’t have a self-hosted installation of Ghost. It’s the Ghost(pro) Plan Basic

Thanks
Reto

@Reto as I said, the technique works regardless of who’s hosting your Ghost instance, so it’s exactly the same for Ghost(Pro) as for self-hosters

1 Like

Hm, ok. I don‘t get it. This means I can access the theme file myself, if yes - how?

You can download and upload themes from the admin under “Design”, see here for more details:
https://ghost.org/faq/design-settings/#uploading-a-theme