Hey folks,
New Maali user here. I’m wondering whether there’s a relatively simple way for me to reduce the number of articles in the ‘latest’ section (pictured) from eight to six? The default theme settings don’t have an obvious way to make the change. Perhaps something I can adjust with a code injection?
Answers on a postcard, please!
Hey! Maali’s a paid theme so Bright Themes support might have a proper setting for this, but in the meantime this in Code Injection (site header) should do it:
<style>
.latest-section .post-feed > .post-card:nth-child(n+7) { display: none; }
</style>
I checked the demo markup and that’s the Latest block, so it only touches that section. The other two posts are still loaded, just hidden, but for 2 posts that’s no big deal.
Let me know if it works!
Hey! That worked. Thank you so much. I’m a journalist who’s attempting to go independent so coding is very much new to me.
At the risk of being preposterously cheeky, I have one more question: Will it be possible to edit the text on this button in a similar way so it just reads ‘more’ instead of ‘more news’? The articles here aren’t all news reports and it’s bugging me.
For this you’d have to edit the theme files, more specifically the home.hbs (line 37).
You can use the built-in theme editor: Easy theme editing
If you need more help, you can contact me