Uninstall Ghost / DigitalOcean

Hello. I followed several tutorials and signed up with DigitalOcean and managed to install Ghost successfully a few days ago. However, I’m thinking of going with Ghost(Pro) instead. I haven’t done anything with my site so far worth worrying about losing. How do I go about uninstalling Ghost and reversing everything I did with self-hosting? Do I just destroy the droplet, or do I have to run some sort of command through Terminal? I’m on a Mac and a total novice.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

If you have no use for the droplet, you can just destroy it - otherwise, ghost uninstall should handle removing the Ghost instance for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your response! So, I went into Terminal and logged in and wrote the ghost uninstall command, and got this: “Working directory is not a recognisable Ghost installation.
Run ghost uninstall again within a folder where Ghost was installed with Ghost-CLI.”

So, how do I type in folder where it was installed? I’m sorry if this is too basic, I haven’t the foggiest idea what I’m doing :sweat_smile:

ghost ls will list all your instances. I think the default DO path is /var/www/ghost

I figured out that I had to write cd first, so cd /var/www/ghost before running the ghost uninstall command. But then it said An error occurred.Message: 'EACCES: permission denied, rmdir 'system/nginx-root''

I might just go ahead and destroy the droplet as you mentioned :upside_down_face: