What version of Ghost are you using?
- Ghost 5.1.1
What Node version, database, OS & browser are you using?
- Node version: 14.19.0
- Database: MySQL Version 5.7.38
- Browser: Google chrome Version 102.0.5005.63
What errors or information do you see in the console?
- N/A Since the server cannot be started again
- I’ve recently updated my Ghost tool to the latest version from version 4.22.0 to 5.11. However, now I am unable to do anything when logging into the dashboard via web browser. Specifically, I am unable to publish or unpublish any articles nor signing out of the account. The dashboard keeps showing an error message that says that I don’t have the permission to do that certain action.
How was Ghost installed and configured?
- I was using the Symbolic link to link the current version of ghost folder, while keeping the old version in other folder (previously I did not use this method).
What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?
Steps to reproduce:
- Before updating ghost to the latest version make a copy of the directory of root ghost
- Make a symbolic link to said folder
- Update ghost to the latest version with said symbolic link
- Access the web and try to do changes (Publish, Unpublish, Sign out)Additional Notes
- I wonder if keeping the old version of Ghost in another folder is in fact the root cause of the issue? When I tried to delete the Symbolic link and return it to normal the server can’t be started again.