Updating Snipets

Hi all,

I’m not sure if this can be done. I would like to create a html which I want to add as a snippet so that I can use it quickly wherever I want. However, I’m wondering if there is a way to edit (already created) snippets that would then update that particular snippet everywhere where it has been embedded. Otherwise, it would take a long time to update each place where the snippet has been inserted.

This I feel would be a great idea to incorporate :)

A way to do this now is to put that content on a separate page and then edit the post template to pull in that content and display it. That way when you change that page, every post that uses that content updates.

This can’t be done natively, but whether or not it’ll ever be possible you can nonetheless accomplish this by adding a bit of code to your theme. See here.

Thanks @Cathy_Sarisky – this is an excellent idea.

I was hoping to insert Signup forms at the end of each post, but also have the option to edit it at a later stage (which would have then updated all the signup forms everywhere on the site).

1 Like

You can use a signup form on the separate page and pull it in with the theme. :)