Using Spotlight theme

I purchased the theme Spotlight because it has a CTA subscribe button in the hero section on the homepage but for the life of me, I can’t make it visible on my page - it should be in the hero section at the top as well as the CTA subscription section near the footer. https://www.newsletter.creativeconnector.art/
I’ve set up the member and subscriber settings as per described in the Spotlight documentation but still no luck. I’ve set the color buttons for high contrast and added CTA primary and secondary text.
Is anyone having this issue and know how to fix it?

I haven’t worked with that theme, but is it possible the cta only shows up for users who aren’t logged in?

1 Like

I agree this is the most likely reason.

Hi! I’ve been testing it with friends who are not signed in and in different browsers and the button is not there for them either. I realize that the button is actually floating at the bottom right of the screen but it should be positioned right below the primary text in the hero section. I’m thinking of deactivating the theme and uploading it again to see if that works. Here’s the site again: https://www.newsletter.creativeconnector.art/
What’s strange is that the styling of the subscribe button is exactly the same as the previous theme I was using before uploading and activating Spotlight so not sure what that’s all about!

Well, it’s working fine for me - see below. That screenshot was taken from Safari browser on an iPad Pro 12” 3rd gen running iPasOS 17.0 dev2.

Thanks for this! Yeah, I finally got it working - it turns out I had to set up the membership page for the subscribe button to work. Now I’m trying to figure out how to get rid of that floating “subscribe” button at the bottom right of the screen (sob)

So, to do that is easy.

GoTo:

Settings—>Membership—>Portal Settings—>Customise Portal

Once there toggle “Show Portal Button” to ‘Off’.

That’s it. Some annotated screenshots follow.

May I add that all of this is quite easy to discover by exploring the various settings in Ghost and reading the relevant help topics. I’m an utter ‘newby’ and only able to answer your question by having a furtle around. The difference between you and I is that I took a bit of time to do that for you.

Lastly, the way I’ve set out this “How-To” is a little different to Ghost’s methodology and more akin to what most applications offer, including those providing support for their ‘paid for’ Ghost themes. Paid for Ghost Themes are definitely worth it from mainstream providers who regularly maintain them to keep up with changes in Ghost - you remain responsible for updating them on your website however, not Ghost and not the Theme author (who will update the theme itself, but not the uploaded one to your site that you have bought. If you use a free theme made by Ghost, Ghost automatically updates those, but you may need to learn more ‘things’ to get your site design how you want it.

You should learn how to use this forum too - you seem to be doing quite well with that. It’s not immediately intuitive, but has its own logic which is utterly consistent.

1 Like

Thank you! It worked!

1 Like