What do you wish for 2023?

What you like to achieve in 2023 as creator, person or professional?

Let me start the topic:

I would like to:

• publish first Ghost theme
  • write short book for Data Science
  • create more valuable resources for people
  • find a better job
3 Likes

I’m having lots of fun customizing other people’s themes for clients (and next week I’m turning a Webflow export into a theme), but I’d like to write my own theme also. I’m better at the logic and mechanics than gorgeous layouts, and I’d like to grow there.

I’d also like to polish up Phantom Admin and my sales add-on for Ghost. Oh, and I have a calendar-heavy blog over on Blogger that I’d like to migrate in, but I need to solve my calendar problem first. :)

4 Likes

Drop me a message if you’re potentially interested in collaborating, @Cathy_Sarisky. I’m more inclined towards the aesthetics and creating gorgeous layouts :grin: (although I can also fumble my way around the logic and mechanics without too much trouble) so perhaps our skills and interests might be complementary?

I also have so much fun customizing themes and working with Ghost! It’s one of my favourite things to do. I’m so very glad l that I stumbled upon this platform while (if I recall correctly) looking at using Wordpress :face_vomiting: for a personal blog a few years back.

@Johny_K To answer your question, my wish for 2023 is to see Ghost flourish and become the #1 platform or CMS for websites and blogs. I’d very much like to see people move away from social media sites (walled gardens) and create their own little garden that they own and have control over.

3 Likes

Hmm – good question. Here’s a few things off the top of my head. (I’ll do some formal goal-and-plan work between Christmas and New Year’s.)

• Work to hit next milestones in total and paid subscriptions.
  • Work to increase signups for custom newsletters.
  • Be more consistent with podcast publishing.
  • Establish a solid presence on Post as possible replacement for Twitter.
1 Like
  1. I wish that I will finally find a good and consistent job according to my knowledge and skills.

2. I wish my mother will finally find herself in that world.

3. I wish I will upgrade skills in programming/teaching.

4. I wish all the best to the person who is reading this message rn :3

4 Likes

I wish to start using Ghost. :blush:

4 Likes

Perhaps I’m a bit late, but I’d like to answer it anyway.
First of all, I’d like to get my first job as a software/web developer. I’m getting close, finally after almost 2 years of searching sincce graduation.

After I get my first job as a developer, I’d like to start saving up money to buy a house or an apartment, depending on what I can afford. The interest rates right now where I live are absurdely high, and so are the prices for the places I’d like to live in.

Thirdly I hope to get my health in better order, lose some weight and take more walks/being more active instead of a couch potato.

3 Likes

With the recent events in the world, I want peace. :pray:

6 Likes

Integration that allow us who do not know how to build them for email marketing providers like AC and SendInBlue without the need for Zapier. Right now us who know our way around WP with out the need for help, use Ghost like trying to learn Chinese while on hospice. The only solution we have found is a 1 man operation at Outpost. I mean how do people actually market their readers besides manually sending news letters with no automation or work flows? Am I missing something here.

I am desperate to try to figure out how to integrate AC, SendInBlue or Mailgun without Zapier. I have 12k readers on Substack and can’t bring them over till I find a solution. I refuse to rely on Zapier keeping everything synced.

Who do I have to pay to get this done and what is the avg cost of an integration like this being built. I am novice with Apis and web hooks. This is the only thing I pull my hair out over

2 Likes

@The_Jetsetter_Cheap Good point.
I also miss workflows and best practices from successful Ghost examples.
I guess interviews or show cases will be very useful for me.

Otherwise we fight alone with so many different problems.

1 Like

I would love if my back could stop hurting.

In all seriousness, world peace and native contact forms would be nice.

you can! i believe in you! Keep going <3

Me too, but the last time I created a website was in 1989 and I am finding the process to be difficult. It feels like no one can explain some things to me because everyone assumes I am more experienced at this than I really am - including the written Reiro documentation.

If you haven’t done web work in decades, I would have to recommend different solutions for you. Tell us what kind of site you are trying to build. If you are just trying to do a blog, wp is the way to go and someone could get you set up for a couple hundred bucks if you just need home, about, blog, contact pages. But anything more starts drastically increasing the price. I would recommend playing around on wp with a page builder like elementor. But the is so much going on in 2023 with so many solutions out there. Message me and I don’t mind pointing you in the right direction. Ghost is amazing for memberships, paid content and news letters. It really lacks some blog features but it’s amazing for paid memberships.