What you think about new site ? Can you give a feedback?

I created a website using GhostPro option, i use Ruby theme, i would like a feedback, what you think of the website ? It’s gonna be short posts about all kind of topics. How can i grow my audience ? I will add custom domain to this.

Looks ok for a start. Your “series” menu link goes to a 404, so you might not have that page created or the wrong slug is set for that page youre trying to link to in the menu.

2 Likes

What could i improve ? Series menu goes to 404 because i haven’t created a page yet, i am currently looking for a way to create Series page using tags on the post, something like categories e.g. Science, Mystery, … all with respective pictures as thumbnails, so i can filter tags to form a category.

I’m a big Ruby fan. :) You may want to craft your own custom excerpts instead of letting Ghost truncate the start of the post. Think it’s a more polished look.

2 Likes

Thanks. How can i achieve that ? Basically i am new to this, so i am still figuring things out, how they work, what’s what and so. Any idea is appriciated.

There’s a spot to type your own excerpt in the right menu - same place you set your tags:

1 Like

Oh my, flew right past me, didn’t even see the option. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Nice and bright, I like it! As for growth, I post in related Facebook groups that allow it. I should also probably do Instagram and tiktok, but those are short form and not really readers(?). However, I’ve had a lot of success on tiktok with customers!

1 Like

On which groups do you post to if you don’t mind sharing ? Maybe i’ll try Instagram, but TikTok is so repulsive to me.

Hey! They’re hyper specific to my niche. I think this might be nice in factoid or learning groups, for example.

1 Like

As someone already said custom excerpts is bril to streamline the home. Also bril is to colour code your tags.

That makes the individual topics pop on the front page. If you use Colorhexa and punch in your theme colour you will get matching suggestions of colour :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much, i already changed the colors to my liking, but will use colorhexa to try adding similiar colors to my theme. Is there a way to color the background of the tags ?

1 Like