New settings page + request

Hi, I don’t know if this is the place for feedback or if it’s somewhere else, so I’m sorry if this is not the proper place for it.

I really don’t like the new Settings page. It’s long and complicated. As I said in another comment, it looks like the substack settings page - which is convoluted. And I like Ghost because it’s simple and easy to understand - the exact opposite of substack and many other website builders nowadays. Can we please change it? Having it all in one page and not easily identifiable kind of makes my brain shrivel.

On an unrelated note (and again, I don’t know if this is the place for feature requests), but can we please have a native contact form? Thanks!

3 Likes

Many, many other people agree that the new settings page is step in the wrong direction.

I really do hope that the Ghost Staff and Devs are reading comments expressing their dislike for the new UX and revert it back to how it used to be.

1 Like

I’m not gonna update until they fix the settings or bring back like it was.

I can appreciate the Ghost team trying new things, which is commendable. However, as far as I know, there was nothing wrong with the old Settings page, right?

I would have rather loved to see them include the following natively for all official themes:
Table of Contents;
Advanced SEO functionality (e.g., JSON, different schema types, keywords, etc);
Internal links building;
Menu and sub-menu options;
Columns;
Search entire site;
and more.

My two cents anyway!

5 Likes

I would’ve loved a table of contents

1 Like

Hope so! It’s not very user friendly. Is there a way to submit feedback besides the forum? I’m signed up for the beta which I guess is being slowly rolled out. But the only way I know how to submit feedback is here, after I finish a post, and by emailing support (if that last one counts, lol.)

1 Like

Adding my input to this thread as well since there have been a few. The new settings is very overwhelming. if this is the way moving forward, i feel it would be better to have the left sidebar act as a filter and only display the sub menu settings on the right side. that would still add extra clicks comparing to the old layout but it might help with only seeing the settings you need on the page.

1 Like

I emailed support too but got the usual ‘we’ll pass this feedback on’ response, which I know won’t go further than that email.

I doubt they’ll even revert it but we just need our voices to be heard considering the amount of people saying negative things about it.