Where would you host your ghost blog and why?

I’d like to have quite a bit of server space like 100gb for lots and lots of photos.

Any recommendations on where to host?

UpCloud VPS with 160GB storage for $40/mo.

You can have flexible storage options with both Digital Ocean and Amazon Web Services, for example:

DO 200GB, 20 usd / month extra (+ vps cost, but this could be a 5 usd / month droplet)

AWS (+ cost for EC2, can be free for first 12 months or aroung 5-10 usd / month depending on resources used)

These options are more flexible in the sense that you can scale storage as you grow or shrink your actual needs.

I would go with DO as well. You could set the storage driver to use the block storage from DO.

I host on Digital Ocean, and have all my images in an S3 bucket fronted by CloudFront. I couldn’t tell you offhand what I’m paying, but it’s not much, relatively speaking.

Could you talk a bit more about that?

Here’s the link to the adapter: GitHub - colinmeinke/ghost-storage-adapter-s3: An AWS S3 storage adapter for Ghost

The documentation was previously kind of sparse, so I updated it there. I’ve been meaning to write a blog post on it, so if you have any questions after going through the instructions, let me know.

Overall, though, pretty straightforward and economical option. You can probably get a higher performance CDN, but for my needs it’s pretty good.

Here it is running: https://blog.christianreed.org/

1 Like

Love your theme… which one is it?

Thanks. It’s this one: Curious - Blog and Magazine Ghost Theme by justgoodthemes | ThemeForest

I modded it slightly, and I think there have been some updates that I haven’t patched in; so your mileage may vary. ; )

How much storage space does the basic plan with Ghost have? I don’t see it listed on their pricing page at the moment.

I’d never considered that you might need to go elsewhere to get enough room, but if you have high quality photos I guess that makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.