Why do people switch from WordPress to Ghost?

Hey there! Considering switching WordPress to Ghost? If so, then you’re probably trying to work out whether it’ll be a good decision for you – and that we wanted to assist make that process a little bit easier.

Scroll down and you will find as many details as we will squeeze onto one page to assist offer you a summary of Ghost vs WordPress compared. We’ll also offer you a straight-up comparison of features, customer experiences, pricing and performance.

Ghost may be a fast and modern WordPress alternative which puts the thrill back to blogging.

Why should move WordPress to Ghost?

If you are looking for a platform that increasingly attempts to try to everything and do not mind cutting through the noise to form it work for your publishing needs, then WordPress could be suitable for you.

But if performance, security, the cost to run and an honest publishing experience are important to you, keep reading. If you’re disgusted wading through menus and navigating complex options that you simply never use, we have got news for you: So were we.

Let’s be real here: WordPress may be a popular tool, employed by many of us to achieve a huge number of things. But if you are a serious publisher and you care about the experience you and your team have a day at work, you’ll probably do better!

Why Is Ghost Considered to be better?

Let’s start by discussing what Ghost does an equivalent. One among the foremost loved features of WordPress is that it is open-source and versatile, and Ghost has the precise same setup. The most difference is that Ghost is explicitly focused on doing one thing well: And that is ‘Publishing’.

Everything revolves around your content!

Ghost comes with all of the tools you want to increase direct relationships together with your audience or even generate predictable sales out of your work.

Registration forms, member management, payments, subscriptions and email newsletters are built-in: without any additional plugins or fees!

1. Ghost Is More Affordable

Ghost has brought the opportunity of the best-hosted carrier in the business, called Ghost(Pro). It’s similar to going for walks WordPress on a fully-managed web hosting carrier with a dedicated Content Delivery Network. You get the same top-notch infrastructure and exquisite support, whether you currently acquire some thousand views or you’re already up to tens of millions.

2. Ghost Comes with SEO

What’s the factor in publishing if nobody reads your content?

Ghost has the fine support for search engine optimization and social sharing functions of any blogging platform in the world. You don’t need any more plugins or extensions, and you don’t need to jot down any more code. It simply works. It gives you the extra benefit but providing SEO Optimizing options for your blog.

3. Social Built-in Features

There are many more facilities in Ghost than WordPress. Built-in Google AMP pages, canonical tags, XML sitemaps, Google AMP pages, canonical tags, optimized URLs, microformats, Facebook Open Graph tags, support for Twitter cards and clean semantic markup.

4. Ghost Is Faster Than WordPress

The speed of your blog is a very important factor. It has a great impact on your search engine ranking and mobile user engagements as well. Getting up and running with WordPress takes more time than Ghost. But the ghost makes your publication easier and faster. Ghost can respond faster.

5. Ghost Comes with More Updated Tools

If you want to design a beautiful and eye-catchy blog for yourself or your business, then you should use ghost themes. WordPress comes only with the basic blogging tools but Ghost has many tools that you might need to use for the improvement of your blog. You can easily customize and modify your site with Ghost as many times as you want.

The verdict

It is very difficult to say which is the best between Ghost and WordPress and there is no direct or straightforward answer of this question. But if you are looking for a smart and easy blogging tool for your blog, then Ghost will be the best pick for you as it will let you publish posts and format them with SEO optimization and social sharing options as well. It is way easier to master and use than WordPress. It does not even need any configuration. WordPress on the other hand is widely used by people. Using WordPress allows you to learn the ropes with the mirror. Moreover, it is a bit cheaper than Ghost for many reasons. Sometimes the pricing model might not be affordable for many users and also happens in case of Ghost.

Last Thought

Both Ghost and WordPress are Widely used nowadays and both have different functions to perform. We all are different in nature and choice, so you may definitely go for any of these according to your preference. It depends on the nature of the goal or target that your blog is made for. Both comes in free and premium versions and hosted by servers and self-hosted forms. But still, Ghost gives you more options to have SEO settings, social sharing, features, fast workability, unique functionality and many other exciting tools that have made it better than WordPress in many ways.

Visit our ghost theme archive to get latest ghost theme from themeix.

For any kind of custom Ghost Development Work, Fixing, Migration Help etc You can feel free to contact us. Contact Us – Themeix
or direct contact support@themeix.com

2 Likes

I think people does switch from WordPress to ghost because Ghost is powered by a modern technology stack using Node and js – it’s fast .

1 Like

it s fast but it s also a nightmare to set up on “normal” webhosts. i am happy with my ghostPRO, but i’ve some smaller project for which i spend 30 euro/ year and i am not sure i need to switch

I switched mostly due to the speed, ease of use and SEO.

However, I’m thinking of switching back, but I really don’t want to. WP is awesome, but it’s also a mess. If Ghost would fix the commenting system, so I could block users, I’d stay, but if they’ll never fix it, I might have to go back.

1 Like

Wordpress is an hot mess and it’s impossible using it. I just miss some functions, like the possibility to autoupdate meta titles with expressions like %%title%% %%sep%% %%currentmonth%% %%currentyear%% or the media library and other little things.

1 Like

I switched for reasons already mentioned, Wordpress is a total mess. I miss advertising options using the simple Ghost pro tier but that sad the headache of not having to worry about the constant updates of Wordpress makes it all worth while. I used WP for 12 years and except using it for two company landing pages I will never ever go back to WP.