Yet another newsletter question

Hi all,

Long term ghost user here and I just can’t get enough of it, I always discover new and cool stuff about it.

Now that we can send newsletters without publishing them, I’d like to know if it’s possible to display them using their tag or should I create a customer collection or else ? I’d like to have something like newsletter archives page.

Thanks!

Anyone have an idea how can I make this work ? Thanks :slight_smile:

If you’d like to create a newsletter archive then you should use the Publish and send option, since you do actually want the newsletter issues to be published.

It’s very easy to organize them into a collection using tags. If you tag all newsletters with Newsletter they will automatically be populated in a tag archive yoursite.com/tag/newsletter. This URL can then be used in your site’s navigation or elsewhere.

If you wanted to exclude the newsletter issues from the home page, then you’d need to customize your theme files.

For anyone looking to achieve this. I ended up creating a new collection for the newsletter and organized them in a separate archive page. Posts having newsletter tag are excluded from main page display. Thank you.

I’m a new ghost user looking to do this too! Would you mind sharing how you did this? By new collection, do you mean a specific tag?

Yes sure, here it is.

Download and open the file routes.yaml with a code editor. Replace all the content with this and then upload back to Ghost:

routes:
    /archive/:
      controller: channel
      filter: tag:newsletter
    /:
      controller: channel
      filter: tag:-newsletter

collections:
    /:
      permalink: /{slug}/
      template: index

taxonomies: