Zsh: command not found: ghost

Trying to install Ghost locally. Never done it before. Installed a compatible version of Node.js. Ran `npm install ghost-cli@latest -g’. Originally shows ‘6 vulnerabilities (5 medium, 1 high)’ but when I run ‘npm audit’ it says it’s found 0 vulnerabilities. It’s not recognising any ghost commands. Only says ‘zsh: command not found: ghost’. Does anyone know what’s wrong?

Are you running MacOS? It’d really helpful if you shared some details of your system.

I’m running MacOS, I’m a beginner to all of this so ask any questions and I’ll answer as best I can!

Okay, please confirm how you installed Node, e.g., the official .pkg installer, and the Node version (node -v). I also assume you are attempting a local install, as described below?

Installed using the official .pkg installer, version v16.17.0 and yes I’m trying to install locally!

And, npm -v?

Furthermore, did you use sudo npm install npm --global?

8.15.0 for npm -v, I did do sudo npm install npm --global

And… what happened? I suggest you run through the installation steps again, and share the console output inside the tags created by this button… </>

brew install node
brew update
npm install ghost-cli@latest -g
ghost install local

Incidentally, what .pkg file did you install?

I’m running Ubuntu 22.04 with Node v16.17.0 (and yes, I’ve run apt update and apt upgrade, everything freshly installed, and I’m having a similar problem here. I run sudo npm install ghost-cli@latest -g in sequence as described here: How to install & setup Ghost on Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, 20.04 or 22.04 and get the “6 vulnerabilities (5 medium, 1 high)”. I ran the recommended command sudo npm audit fix --force (ran as sudo because without it wasn’t working correctly) and then sudo npm audit and then it told me 0 vulnerabilities. But when I ran sudo npm install ghost-cli@latest -g again, I got the 6 vulnerabilities once more! I’ve also run sudo npm install npm --global? and then the other commands again, and gotten the same.

Anybody have an idea?

Found it! I had to run it as: sudo npm install ghost-cli@latest -g --no-audit