Change the subscription button to redirect to the portal created by my

I wanted to ask you a favor. I have a blog with over 700 posts and I would like to avoid copy and paste since I have 150 paid subscribers and also avoid downloading videos inside. I imagine that it is a code that I have to put inside the theme and what I want. Specifically, what interests me most is to remove stripe since I am from Argentina and the recurring payment methods here are only PayPal and Mercado Pago, so I wanted to know if I can change the subscription button and take it to a personalized page where the subscription plans with their paypal and payment market buttons and the button will be redirected to my whatsapp so that people can send me their emails and I sign them up manually, that is not a problem, what I do not want is to stop having free subscribers like shows the ghost tutorial, is this possible, thank you very much I leave you the link to my blog

There’s no requirement to link Stripe. Ghost works fine with free members without Stripe connected.

If when you say ‘subscription button’, you mean the floating button, that’s not easily customized (because it’s an app inside an iframe), but you can turn it OFF and replace it with a similar-looking button created within the theme that links to wherever you want.

1 Like

Very kind for answering, I mean the buttons that direct to the plans part
Join button in menu, register button that comes out after the preview of a paid publication and the plans button

The join button in the menu is created by your theme, and should be within your theme’s directory (look in navigation.hbs or in the vicinity of the {{navigation}} helper, probably called by default.hbs)

The card that appears at the end of a preview can be customized to link somewhere else. This part of the documentation tells you how: Ghost Theme Development: Building custom membership flows.

Thank you very much, I’ll get to that, thank you very much
Look at the documentation, I didn’t understand how to put a link in that button but I’m still investigating

This is the content cta provided by Ghost. You’d put it into partials/content-cta.hbs.

{{{html}}}
<aside class="gh-post-upgrade-cta">
    <div class="gh-post-upgrade-cta-content" style="background-color: {{accentColor}}">
        {{#has visibility="paid"}}
            <h2>This post is for paying subscribers only</h2>
        {{/has}}
        {{#has visibility="members"}}
            <h2>This post is for subscribers only</h2>
        {{/has}}
        {{#has visibility="tiers"}}
            <h2>This post is for subscribers on the {{tiers}} only </h2>
        {{/has}}
        {{#if @member}}
            <a class="gh-btn" data-portal="account/plans" style="color:{{accentColor}}">Upgrade your account</a>
        {{else}}
            <a class="gh-btn" data-portal="signup" style="color:{{accentColor}}">Subscribe now</a>
            <p><small>Already have an account? <a data-portal="signin">Sign in</a></small></p>
        {{/if}}
    </div>
</aside>

The data-portal links get turned into links to the built-in membership portal, but if you want links that go somewhere else, just remove them and add an href=your-url instead.

Exactly, but I don’t see a URL there, it’s the URL of the data portal and in my case I see the one on my subscription page, right?

You’ll need to remove the data-portal attribute and make the link have an href attribute so that clicking it will take users to the url you specify.

A million thanks, I won’t bother you anymore until I do several tests

1 Like

Este seria el archivo a modificar? Con la url de la pagina personalizada de suscripcion

Stripe and PayPal can work together, letting you disable specific Stripe features and use alternatives. You can configure your settings to accept Gpay, Apple Pay, and PayPal while opting out of using Stripe for card payments and direct debits.

Make sure to adjust your account settings to enable this. Depending on your location, you may need to plan your strategy accordingly.

If you’re interested in using Stripe, you can easily set up a UK business for 50GBP and be ready to go within 15 minutes. You can then integrate Stripe with Wise including PayPal.

I thank you, the issue is that I do not want to use stripe anymore since it is not available in Argentina and each sale has to be obtained from a friend in Spain and sent to me by Western Union. It is very cumbersome, so I just want to change the subscribe button to an external page.

I understand, but if you are able to connect your PayPal to your Stripe account, you can get paid how you like. T&C apply*

I have friends in Argentina, and they get paid daily with no issues. They receive instant payments. Even when I lived there, I used Stripe for other business ventures.

You do not need to use a friend in Spain or Western Union. You can use PayPal with Stripe, and PayPal pays you the way you prefer. You can set it up using developer coding and account settings, but you have to be eligible.

With Stripe + PayPal and Wise, you can receive instant payouts globally; you just need to know how to make it work and be compliant. It’s actually an easy process but it will come down to your business model. Are you charging in which currency?

If it were me, I would open a UK business to get access to instant payouts from Stripe and PayPal connected to a Wise account, which supports instant payouts and direct debits. This would continuously propel you forward with innovative products like blockchain/crypto and global standards on credit card processing, as your readers would be global.

1. Open a UK business for 50 GBP. [The US does not provide business cards.]
  2. Wait for approval documents and then open a Wise business account.
  3. Connect either Stripe or open a new branch.
  4. Connect PayPal by entering the two deposits.
  5. Request a physical credit card from Wise and have it sent to Argentina for 20 GBP.
  6. Keep your account active by hiring an accountant on Fiverr for 20 GBP to file your statements. You can pay ukpostalbox.com £12 a month for the director and company address or £180/yr for address and account-related issues using an accountant.
  7. As a non-UK resident, there is no tax as long as you don’t hold the funds in the UK account. Transfer the funds to Argentina or a withholding account instantly or within 30 minutes.
  8. Remember you can’t hold more than one personal Wise account, but you can have multiple business accounts without a personal account. Stay compliant. :)

I suggest choosing the UK because you will receive a physical card; if Spain also provides a physical card for business, you could establish a business in Spain and achieve the same result. I find that readers love Stripe [Link.com] because it’s super fast, secure, and recognizable.

Best wishes!

Warning: Please avoid using VPNs for financial transactions as it can lead to account suspension. This is because bad actors are using the same provider, such as Nord/Surf. Instead, consider setting up your own VPN on fresh IP addresses (DO for $5/month) or using RDPs for location-based virtual machines (DO for $5/month) if absolutely necessary.

I really appreciate the information, my main audience is from Argentina, therefore, if I make a subscription of 10 dollars from Argentina, they end up paying 18 for the country tax rate, it is not viable for me, everything that is stripe, that’s why I’m asking if someone can help me modify that button, I’m willing to pay to do it, I don’t know if anyone can do it

It seems you may not have set up your Stripe account correctly. When you’re in your account section, you can easily view your apps and sign up to connect to PayPal and process like you desire. It’s simpler to integrate PayPal rather than change Ghost.

Regarding the 18% charge, it’s possible that taxes are being applied due to incorrect setup. Stripe itself doesn’t impose taxes, but depending on how your account is configured, taxes could be applied from the state. Check your settings.

Typically, non-resident business owners shouldn’t incur taxes if everything is configured correctly and compliant by following accounting norms for that procedure. You would report those incomes to your local government and pay taxes locally.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 12.58.42