Custom post type like in wordpress

how to have custom post type like in wordpress we have?

the answer depends on what, exactly, you are trying to achieve. what is it you want to use custom post types for w/ghost?

1 Like

I want to have same field that we have in post or maybe extra for news,services and other

I still do not understand what problem you are trying to solve. Can you please be a little more specific?

1 Like

Actually I am Wordpress developer now I want to move to ghost cms and I want same post crud by different name beside the existing post

What is “post crud”?

What is “existing post”?

We are not understanding your request.

We want to help, but need more clarity.

1 Like

we have custom post type in Wordpress, one is default post in ghost admin Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 19.42.56 I want same like this with a different name.

It’s still not clear what you’re after, other than custom post types.

In your existing WordPress site, what are the different custom post types you’ve created?

What kind of content or posts do you publish on your WordPress site for each of these custom post types?

Do you have some URLs you can share that show these examples?

Ghost does not support custom post types as you understand them in the WordPress world, but there may be other ways to achieve the functionality you’re asking for. But to do that, we need to know exactly what you’re trying to achieve. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want to achieve, create, edit, delete in admin panel and view should be on the website

@nabi009 If I’m understanding your question, you’d like posts to have a different layout/style determined by the admin. If that’s the case, you can probably accomplish what you’re looking for by using a custom post template: https://ghost.org/tutorials/custom-page-templates/

2 Likes

Tnx I solved my problem.

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same question here. This link is broken.

@Sulagna_Nandi – Here you go…

Hello @denvergeeks

Thanks for the reply.

I have seen we can create custom fields from the package.json. But I want to add custom fields for specific posts.
Please see the screenshot below

This code will create custom fields under the Design section but not for specific posts.
Please guide us.