Customize and Extend Ghost Admin

hi there. how can i customized ghost admin design? for example, add my logo to admin or use custom color.

AND how can i extend ghost admin functionality? for example i want to have a product page where admin can add or delete product. the product database all will be stored in snipcart. the extended admin function just to add and delete product easily.

Hello @eddie

Ghost CMS does not provide any functionality to customize the Admin side/panel.

As Ghost is more focused on Writing experience, Admin is kept in that way and not to become another Wordpress in the market.

I think you are looking for Worpress in Ghost, to be honest.

• Pankaj
1 Like

Without change core project you can provide this feature.

Tagging this contenc with a tag like “product”, and then build a custom template in theme by this tag.

The product image can be the mais image of post.

no. i’m not looking into for wordpress in ghost. i just want to extend a bit of it function so that at least i can sell something. it’s not too much in my opinion.

@pankaj

but the thing is, the custom template can only be change via code.

Hello @eddie

Not too much can be different from person to person. Clearly Ghost was not made for this level of customization.

As @luizamboni suggested; you can find a way around with tags/pages and a bit of code in custom theme; but again, you would have to find a way into the system.

Ghost is not made for very dynamic data but the least dynamic data like Wikipedia itself.

And changes via only code are normal as you might find same in Wordpress; for custom directives as well, there has to de some functionality developed in code.

@eddie have you tried KeystoneJS (https://keystonejs.com/)?

Keystone is also a Node CMS but with the ability to customize the admin.

It s the common place in CMS, wp themes need be coded too.
I’m wp some themes can add custom panels in admin area, but it need be coded in theme itself.

heard about it. not interested.

and how about changing admin interface to match brand color and logo. :thinking:

and remove other ghost stuff, for example, “how to use ghost”

also can we add user with different permission. for example, the new user can’t change anything in lab

and how about changing admin interface to match brand color and logo. :thinking:
and remove other ghost stuff, for example, “how to use ghost”

I don’t think it is possible with simple customizations

also can we add user with different permission. for example, the new user can’t change anything in lab

This can be achieved with Member role; you can add the member as Editor or Admin; Editors don’t get to change the main settings or lab settings

its not soo dificult change admin , is a ember.js app.

But you need study a little about (https://emberjs.com/
) and then find where are the points you need. :wink: