Different Content Types in the Admin

I am interested in using Ghost as a headless cms for a Gatsby site. The particular site I want to build will have different types of content. There will be a news article section, landing pages, a small e-commerce component, etc.

I am wondering if it is possible to set up the Ghost admin to give different edit options depending on the type of page/content in question. For instance, for a landing page I want my client to only be able to edit the title, image/video, bullet points, etc. However, I do NOT want to give them the ability to write an article or anything of that nature – just select fields.

On the other hand, for a news article page, I want them to be able to actually write an article - and don’t have that many custom fields that they need to edit.

I am wondering if it is possible to customize the Ghost admin section in this fashion?

If so, can you please let me know how (or send me a link to some documentation that lets me know how).

Thanks.

@M_M, I’m in the exact same situation. Trying to decide whether I go with Ghost or Strapi to able to consuming 3rd party APIs, which will in turn pull data into custom collections, like “projects” or “enterprises”. It’s not exactly like an ecommerce, but a catalog of “immobiliare projects” offered to a variety of end users (buyers, renters and investors). Will I be able to build a custom CRUD to altering this kind of data (“projects”, “enterprises”, “end users with an authenticated section”) inside admin panel or is it too niche thing to Ghost solution?

I appreciate very much any thoughts or pointing on this question!