E-mail notification when new member signs up

Is it possible to get an e-mail notification when a new member signs up?

2 Likes

i would love to have this option!

My workaround so far is using the notification from another service (like Revue) and connecting it to Ghost. When Zapier sends the user to the other service, then that service sends me a notification via mail.

It would be waaayyy better via Ghost natively.

Yes this is quite easy! You can set up a custom integration and send a webhook to any service you like which supports incoming webhooks (eg. Slack/Telegram)

Or if you’d prefer, you can always use Zapier to receive the webhooks from Ghost and send them to any notification service you like :slight_smile:

3 Likes

check out this - Get New members registration Notification on Telegram and Gotify(Self-hosted Push Notification Service)

I got it working by using Zapier. When “Member created in Ghost” “Send Outbound Email”. Thanks!

2 Likes

In case anyone needs a detailed tutorial i’ll leave it here:
https://ghostportal.co/subsnotification/

2 Likes

Agreed. Just added a Zapier pipeline for it and it was ridiculously easy to setup.
Took me < 1 min and I archived exactly what I’ve wanted.

1 Like

Is there a way to customize this for when somebody signs up for Premium? Only trigger I see for Ghost in Zapier is “New member created” which triggers if somebody signs up for the free plan as well.

Appreciate any help!

Subscription data is included along with the member details in the webhook payload. You should be able to use a conditional (path?) in Zapier to change based behaviour based on the data in the webhook payload

Thanks Kevin,

I’ve been playing with it for the last hour and there is a way to use conditionals but Zapier doesn’t seem to give me the options I need.

When setting up the zap, Zapier gives me access to a data field named “Stripe Subscription Status” which has a value of “active” if member is paid, which I can then use to send an email from Mailgun. When I test the zap and create a nonpaying member, the email still send though so I’m still troubleshooting a bit.

Zapier has a nice history tab, which says the workflow was not triggered because of the conditional that I set up, but again, not the behavior I’m seeing. Also interesting is that the Zapier Data Out has a field status: “free” (or “paid” is the other output I’m assuming). This shows up in the history but not as an available conditional when I’m creating the Zap.

I’ll keep tinkering and see if I can get the behavior I’m looking for. Thanks again for your response and if that is at all confusing I can try to explain it better.

Here’s a screenshot from Zapier history.