Enabling native comments

Hi, I have the Basho Ghost theme; please see the link below.

I want to use the native Ghost Commenting feature. I enabled it in my settings. However, its still not working. I don’t know if this theme has native ghost commenting enabled. I purchased the theme some time ago. Can I add a piece of code to enable commenting on my theme?

Thank you.
Ryan

I’d reach out to @fueko who created them theme and check if an update is available.

1 Like

What version of ghost are you running?

Hi @RyanUK! The theme supports native comments from version 2.3.0, please note that you need to remove the Disqus code from the Design settings, only then the native comments will appear.

2 Likes

Hi, Thank you for the super fast response. I have version 2.3.1

Can you look at the attached screenshot of the disqus.hbs file Screenshot by Lightshot

Can you tell me if I am supposed to delete the contents inside the file or delete the whole file?

Thank you.

All you have to do is remove your Disqus shortname from your Design >> Post settings:

Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-26 o 12.04.50

Then activate Ghost comments.

1 Like

I never entered a disqus shortname there. I have been using HyvorTalk. However, since trying to enable native comments, I removed the HyvorTalk script.

However, I am a little confused by the Ghost versions. Screenshot by Lightshot

My Ghost environment says 5.38.0

However, when I look at your folders for the basho theme files, it says “basho_for_ghost_5.9.0_or_later”. However, is there a Ghost version of 5.9 at the moment? The file/folder says “basho-2.3.1.zip” inside the Ghost 5.9 folder. I have very basic knowledge on Ghost, I use Digital Press hosting. I wasn’t aware that a version 5.9 had been released!

Thanks.

Ghost version 5.9.0 is an older version than 5.38.0.

Unfortunately I don’t know your changes you made to the theme so I can’t help you more at this point. You can send me more detailed information directly by contacting me using the contact form => Contact | Premium Ghost Themes by fueko

Okay, I am going to try and install the theme fresh, and if after that I can’t still enable comments, then I’ll send you an email. Thanks for your help.