- Facebook Link Preview isn’t displaying correctly
- I expect the Facebook Link Preview to pull the correct image (e.g a post featured image)
Steps to Reproduce
- Grab any URL from greatcentralgazette.org
- Paste into Facebook and let it preview
- The website header logo (dark mode variant) will come through, but not the actual page’s image
- It also doesn’t read the manually set logo in General > Site Meta Data so the issue is site-wide
Re-scraped the link with Sharing Debugger - Meta for Developers and get this error:
- Inferred Property: The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Not familiar with Open Graph properties - any help would be greatly appreciated!
5 - ghost.org hosted
Working fine for me and when I tested via the FB debugger, I didn’t receive any errors. Also, I can see on your page that the
og:image property is being set correctly.
I think there was likely an issue with the connection between FB and your pub that’s now been resolved.
Still broken on my end – have looked at it on Firefox and fresh installation of Chrome, and mobile + desktop. All showing the below.
And just tried to create a new post - still the same issue.
I had a similar problem with Twitter. Then I realized that the problem is only local to me because of my browser’s ad blocker. It was solved by checking in another browser where I don’t have ad filters.
Ryan can you help me figure out where this meta data is coming from as I can’t figure out where it is pulling it from. Design - Homepage - Secondary header says “Save Up To 95% On Flights - Mistake Fare Alerts”
You can see in this photo, that is not what is showing on Open Graph Meta, and what it does show doesn’t make sense so I am trying urgently to fix it?
Using taste theme
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.