Facebook Link Preview broken

Issue Summary

• Facebook Link Preview isn’t displaying correctly
  • I expect the Facebook Link Preview to pull the correct image (e.g a post featured image)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Grab any URL from greatcentralgazette.org
  2. Paste into Facebook and let it preview
  3. The website header logo (dark mode variant) will come through, but not the actual page’s image
  4. It also doesn’t read the manually set logo in General > Site Meta Data so the issue is site-wide

Additional info

Re-scraped the link with Sharing Debugger - Meta for Developers and get this error:

• Inferred Property: The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

Not familiar with Open Graph properties - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Setup information

Ghost Version
5 - ghost.org hosted

Theme
Tripoli

Working fine for me and when I tested via the FB debugger, I didn’t receive any errors. Also, I can see on your page that the og:image property is being set correctly.

I think there was likely an issue with the connection between FB and your pub that’s now been resolved.
CleanShot 2023-05-11 at 12.35.44

Still broken on my end – have looked at it on Firefox and fresh installation of Chrome, and mobile + desktop. All showing the below.

And just tried to create a new post - still the same issue.

I had a similar problem with Twitter. Then I realized that the problem is only local to me because of my browser’s ad blocker. It was solved by checking in another browser where I don’t have ad filters.

1 Like

Ryan can you help me figure out where this meta data is coming from as I can’t figure out where it is pulling it from. Design - Homepage - Secondary header says “Save Up To 95% On Flights - Mistake Fare Alerts”

You can see in this photo, that is not what is showing on Open Graph Meta, and what it does show doesn’t make sense so I am trying urgently to fix it?
Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 8.10.08 PM

Using taste theme

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.