Ghost Desktop 1.7.0 "Unknown Publisher" on Windows 10

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:

• What’s your URL? Localhost, sorry!
  • What version of Ghost are you using? Ghost Desktop 1.7.0
  • What configuration? NA
  • What browser? NA
  • What errors or information do you see in the console? Trying to run the installer and seeing “Windows protected your PC” then I click More Info link and see “Publisher: Unknown publisher” - I’m assuming this installer is… unsigned? I don’t know.
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? Using Windows 10 Version 1803 “OS Build 17134.228” - Run the Ghost Desktop 1.7.0 installer after downloading from the ghost website.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Is there anything wrong with the ghost exectuables not being signed? It doesn’t effect functionality and I assume it’s costly to sign a Windows exectuable.

Yeah, I don’t know. I’m here to bring awareness to the situation and ask what the dangers are. You tell me :slight_smile: Obviously it’s less trust-worthy to some extent, but mostly, it’s confusing and unsettling when Windows throws a popup warning you about the install you’re about to do. I trust the source of the download, but I wanted to post in case this wasn’t expected. Are these executables normally signed?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.