Ghost displays sample content instead of what I've put in the contents folder

Hi, I’m running the latest Ghost Docker (alpine) image locally, I set a volume for the contents directory and put a Massively theme template there, but Ghost still displays the sample content even after restart.
I checked if linking the volume is ok, I did not see any problem with that.
I simply cloned Massively to the content folder from here: GitHub - TryGhost/Massively: A free, open source theme for Ghost

What am I doing wrong and how can I force using the right content?

I’m not quite following. You installed a theme by dropping it into theme folder, but now you are wondering why sample content isn’t gone?

Those are two different things. A theme just inherits the content in the blog. You could sign into admin panel and purge all posts to empty it out (via labs tab) and if you are talking about the theme itself - you can toggle it also in admin panel on the Design tab.

1 Like

If it’s just the sample content you want to delete the better option is to delete the Ghost staff user - that will take all of the sample posts and pages with it.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this, mind that I’m new to Ghost.

Now I’ve got what I’m missing here. Using the admin panel I could easily solve this, but what I actually want to accomplish is setting these things up for example using the Dockerfile, is this possible?

Thanks for looking into this, that solved the problem with posts. Can I somehow automate this with a Dockerfile or will I always need to do things manually if I may migrate a blog?

I’m not familiar with how far Dockerfile’s can be pushed but it might be possible that you can use Ghost’s API to perform some steps after creation.

However it sounds like you may be in the wrong mindset for how Ghost works. All of the content is stored in a database, there are no files that you can modify that will affect content. You could automatically install theme files (affects design/style, not content) with Docker but you’d still need to activate that theme via the admin interface or API so that the settings are saved in the database.