Ghost saying too many open files using "ghost install local"

I am trying to install Ghost as ghost install local on a Centos 7 server with cPanel.

• What’s your URL? Cant give it because it isnt running yet
  • Version : Latest as of March 2019
    -Configuration: cPanel , on Centos 7 , installed Ghost CLI as root and ran ghost install local as a normal user
  • What browser? - Any !
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?

A: See the attached picture and below :

An unexpected error occurred: "EMFILE: too many open files, copyfile '/home/technmuscle/.cache/yarn/v4/npm-async-2.6.1-b245a23ca71930044ec53fa46aa00a3e87c6a610/node_modules/async/mapValuesSeries.js' -> '/home/technmuscle/public_html/ghost/versions/2.18.1/node_modules/async/mapValuesSeries.js'"

Screenshot:

• What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?
    A: Same config that i have, Centos 7 With cPanel on top with 25000 open files limit

@dukesx the error is coming from yarn rather than Ghost itself. Look to see if there are any yarn install errors reported for your particular OS/environment regarding too many open files and double check what the ulimit is for all users on your system.

Hi @Kevin , I tried installing the the module it failed , it worked without Node js doing it , i cleared Yarn and restarted whole process , i tweaked the open files limits from 5000 to 25000 and i also tried to see additional errors in .ghost directory , the error logs showed nothing but the same error you see in the command prompt. Nothing seems to remove the error

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.