Ghost SSL Problems

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:

• What’s your URL? kisacabilgi.net
  • What version of Ghost are you using? 5.47.1
  • What configuration? ubuntu 20
  • What browser? chrome
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?

log:
Debug Information:
    Node Version: v16.20.0
    Ghost Version: 5.47.1
    Ghost-CLI Version: 1.24.0
    Environment: production
    Command: 'ghost install 5.47.1'
Stack: Error: Failed to restart Nginx.
    at NginxExtension.restartNginx (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/extensions/nginx/index.js:262:19)
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

Original Error Message:
Message: Command failed: /bin/sh -c sudo -S -p '#node-sudo-passwd#'  nginx -s reload
nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/letsencrypt/kisacabilgi.net/fullchain.cer": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system libra>

Stack: Error: Command failed: /bin/sh -c sudo -S -p '#node-sudo-passwd#'  nginx -s reload
nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/letsencrypt/kisacabilgi.net/fullchain.cer": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system libra>

at makeError (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/execa/index.js:174:9)
    at /usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/execa/index.js:278:16
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async NginxExtension.restartNginx (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/extensions/nginx/index.js:260:13)

• What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?

You might try running ghost setup ssl again and post the output, please?

The error above is truncated, but can you check that you actually do have a certificate at /etc/letsencrypt/kisacabilgi.net/fullchain.cer? I think that’s a missing file error…?

These files exist

well, the folder exists, anyway - might want to go into it and look for the actual file.

But assuming it’s there, you need a more useful error message. Try starting nginx on the command line, maybe?

Oh, sorry, that wasn’t a command. Try sudo nginx reload – maybe, depending on how you installed it.

It specifically told you what to do to see the problem details. Did you do that?

I did this setup on 3 different VDS providers, I got the same error in all of them.

Could it be a problem on the ghost cli side?

Let’s encrypt the rate limit for the second time, I’m about to go crazy now.

Does this post help?

It worked for me when I was setting up a new server and it crashed and burned after installing the Let’s Encrypt cert.

1 Like

I ran into the same issue and through my post - I wasn’t aware of the one Theo mentions - we were able to resolve the issue. Looks like the same problem caused by a recent difference in the way that a DigitalOcean 1 click install names the folders that include the SSL certs.