Ghost v3 planned changes ? Roadmap ? Relase date?

What kind of changes are in roadmap to v3 ?

I see today a pull request in github where the meta data in posts are moving to another table, and begin to think in consequences to current project that i am working.

I search to roadmap description but not found in any place , this is a very important information to me, as release date etc, because i working in an derivated project, that intent to keep compatibility.

Thanks for developers for any information

2 Likes

Hey! Can I ask what it is specifically you’re working on? I might be able to shed light on what may conflict with the work you’re doing.

The original idea was migrate a custom cms to ghostjs, but in path we discovered Wich ghostjs not completely fit, but with some changes can work good.

I needed

• add some custom cards
  • replace again mobiledoc field to public api
  • add a subtitle custom field

Some questions that yet worry me:

• unpaginated query that ghostjs make in startup, when i have more to 10000 posts it’s a large problem, and too de downtime that it’s cause.
  • the fact that system store much state in memory and not was prepared to work in a horizontal scale.

I think in track roadmap to planning my customizations, or then fork another project if this are inviable.

Any info @DavidDarnes ?

Hi there. The customisations you’re wanting to achieve with Ghost are quite elaborate, are you sure it’s the right tool for the job? There might be other tooling out there that can get you closer to what you want without having to diverge from the main project so much.

I’m proposing this due to your above comments as well as the others I’ve seen from yourself in the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

i understand that some customizations are out of project scope, but someothers, i dont feel the same.

For example que queries in boot of app, can you imagine the impact of this in a large database ? This is can be a problem not only to me.

the lack of transparency in ghostjs development is frustrating. :sleepy:

All the development transparency is right here @luizamboni, in our completely open source codebase :+1:

1 Like

I know what is open source, but is not only push code in a public repository…well it s not resolve all questions about transparency with this argument as a wildcard.

“Open source” is not a wildcard that resolve all questions ok.

I m talking about a simple questions how as what i m asking like roadmap ? where are you going ? What is planned to be develpment ? What is planned to be removed ?

Ask any developer to search source code comments to find theses questions in individual contexts is a absurd.

I follow others projects open-source as Dspace (digital repository) and i can see the diferences, i m not a kid and i m not begin in development yesterday.

I think your questions are already answered here, though you probably won’t like the answer:

Every project (doesn’t even have to be open source) is entitled to do whatever it wants. If you don’t like the product, don’t use it. If you don’t like the transparency, don’t use use it. You’re not forced to use them, and they’re not forced to answer to you

7 Likes

i already know this liberal speach, and is ok for me.
None news here, in the world, and none for me.

But, in same time, if one group wants third party contribuitions, transparency is a way to get the comunity embrance.

And i think that is the idea, because its justify all effort to interact with community, create a forum, a site by core team etc.

You don t need stay in defensive mode, othewise you can change your mindset to try discover why i (and others) think what i think.
i have a perception in this forum that ghostjs dev always try to encourage users to workaroud your problems else undestand needs related as a thing tha need be changed or ignore questions.

For example in another thread aboud custom fields , a user begin in github with a very detailed plan , the thread go to this forum , and the subject was complete desvirtuated, and a ghost dev only interact to comment about canonincal_url field (not the main subject).

1 Like

this links give me a abstract idea about what not will be developed.
thanks