Hosting Ghost without using the filesystem

Hi, I am using Ghost in docker via render.com.
I was wondering if there is a way for ghost not to use the disk, so I could scale the system. I am using an adapter that saves data to github. Is there a way to tell ghost to save everything into the database/external storage or the github adapter? So I will not need to use the file system?

Thanks

As far as I can tell, ghost is not build for scaling therefore having multiple instances of it is almost not possible.

I gave up after some research :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m trying to use a custom storage adapter and removing all references to fs paths, I’ll update here if it works.

What about the database? Will that still be one? Because that way you still have a single point of failure.

Also consider updates on the ghost side. Who is doing the update? You need to allow only 1 container for doing the updates.

Database will be MySQL (Deploy MySQL | Render Docs), the updates will be via docker (Deploy Ghost | Render Docs).

1 Like

Yeah it isn’t working. The adapters themselves need the file system and it seems like other parts of ghost too.

I host two ghost sites with docker, try my docker container

At the time of writing this, Render service offers automatically store the ghost/content storage as externally mounted persistent storage, thus providing persistence across all instances of CMS and making it automatically available as soon as the docker container is up and running. For that highly recommended to use official Render’s Dockerfile and config from the render-examples/ghost Github repository.

1 Like