How can I change the language of my website to spanish?

Hi,

I am trying to change the “suscribe”, “sign in”, “about”, “Home” and the rest of the buttons from english to spanish. I have already tried by changing the Publication Language to “es”, and I enabled the Portal Translation but the theme still shows the content in English.

Could you please help me to change the language of the website to show it in spanish instead of english?

I would appreciate if you can tell me a step by step process considering that this is mi first day trying Ghost.

By the way, I am using Source as theme.

Thank you

Translation requires theme customization, so you need to check two things:

1. Can you use a custom theme? Ghost starter plan doesn’t allow custom themes
  2. Does your theme has built-in support for translation? If your theme has xxx.json files under locales directory, then it has built-in support for translation. Otherwise you will need to incorporate it. You can refer to the following file for more details:

I do have Ghost starter plan.

Sorry but I would like to confirm once again. Even if I follow the instructions in the following file, I will not be able to translate my website, is that correct?

If so, then I made a huge mistake, I will not be able to use my website, probably the only option would be to upgrade my account to Creator. Is that the only option?

Thank you.

the only option would be to upgrade my account to Creator

Besides upgrading, you can also consider self-hosting or using other hosting platforms, they can lower your costs.