I created my website with pure HTML5, CSS3 and JS this summer. I’m looking to integrate a CMS to my website, but other than HTML, CSS and JS, I’m very bad in developing stuffs. I have no idea how JSON works…
My first idea was to go with Webflow, but there are some design limitation and the price is very expensive since I already host my website for half the price.
After I thought about using WordPress, but with all plugins and bad coding it creates, I think it isn’t a good idea.
Now I checked Ghost and it seems really nice, but I have no idea where to start or how to hire someone that will not cost me thousands since I don’t have lot of money…
If you want to take a look, my website is nicolas-duclos.com
I’m looking for an easier way to add contents to my site. The two types of post I have to update is
- Photo Album --> Show in Photography page + Home
- Blog Post --> Show in Blog page + Home
I tried to find the information online, but I can’t find if Ghost have it own image library if you upload images like WordPress…
Also, I use custom element that I created for my blog posts.
- Post subtitle instead of excerpt
- Sub-categories (for design purpose. See the filters on my blog page. One is for countries and one is for topics. Would love that if I add a subcategories on my post, would love to update automatically the filters).
- Text block with or without dropcap (can Include image)
- Two kinds of image’s legend
- Cover image/full width image
- Mini-gallery (using jquery plugin)
- Quote Design 1
- Quote Design 2
- Future elements would include :
- Information box (for hotels, activities) Like here
- Related post (random posts with same tags)
And my albums :
- Album description
- Full gallery (using jquery plugin)
I have no idea what’s possible or not with Ghost.
If everything is possible, where can I hire someone to convert my site for self-hosting?