How can I convert HTML to Ghost?

Hi,

I created my website with pure HTML5, CSS3 and JS this summer. I’m looking to integrate a CMS to my website, but other than HTML, CSS and JS, I’m very bad in developing stuffs. I have no idea how JSON works…

My first idea was to go with Webflow, but there are some design limitation and the price is very expensive since I already host my website for half the price.

After I thought about using WordPress, but with all plugins and bad coding it creates, I think it isn’t a good idea.

Now I checked Ghost and it seems really nice, but I have no idea where to start or how to hire someone that will not cost me thousands since I don’t have lot of money…

If you want to take a look, my website is nicolas-duclos.com
I’m looking for an easier way to add contents to my site. The two types of post I have to update is

• Photo Album → Show in Photography page + Home
  • Blog Post → Show in Blog page + Home

I tried to find the information online, but I can’t find if Ghost have it own image library if you upload images like WordPress…

Also, I use custom element that I created for my blog posts.

• Post subtitle instead of excerpt
  • Sub-categories (for design purpose. See the filters on my blog page. One is for countries and one is for topics. Would love that if I add a subcategories on my post, would love to update automatically the filters).
  • Text block with or without dropcap (can Include image)
  • Two kinds of image’s legend
  • Cover image/full width image
  • Mini-gallery (using jquery plugin)
  • Quote Design 1
  • Quote Design 2
  • Future elements would include :
    • Information box (for hotels, activities) Like here
    • Footnotes
    • Tags
    • Comments
    • Related post (random posts with same tags)

And my albums :

• Album description
  • Full gallery (using jquery plugin)

I have no idea what’s possible or not with Ghost.

If everything is possible, where can I hire someone to convert my site for self-hosting?

Thank you

[quote=“Nic727, post:1, topic:17071”]
Sub-categories (for design purpose. See the filters on my blog page. One is for countries and one is for topics. Would love that if I add a subcategories on my post, would love to update automatically the filters).
[/quote] - Not possible as per my knowledge

Ok Thank you. I would need to add my filter manually.

I also discovered my host doesn’t support JSON apps. I would need to pay more to get a Webapp account instead of a web account. I would need to find a new host I guess…

Use DigitalOcean.

Hi @Nic727,
I am expert on Ghost. I hope I can help you. Please send me an email here: electronthemes@gmail.com

I can discuss with you about your project.

Looking to hear from you.

Thanks