How to add a drop shadow to images in Edition Theme

Does anyone know how I might go about adding a think black border and drop shadow to images in the Edition theme?

I noticed that area the images into may be:

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m using GhostPro and my site address is: mr.camera

I think you’re looking for box-shadow, right? This can be implemented via code injection if you don’t want to dig into your theme files.

So I have been looking at the link for box-shadow listed. That is exactly the idea I was trying to implement with my site. I am unsure what css code I should add with the code injector.

I thought I would use a div, but I’m not experienced with this. Does any body have a starting point to add a box shadow to featured image of a post on the “Edition” theme for Ghost?

Thanks in advance for any additional help.

@Matt2 - for just the Feature Images, put this CSS in your site’s Header Code Injection… (or if you just want it on “a post” as you said (and not on all Feature Images), then put it in just that post’s Header Code Injection…

.single-media {
    box-shadow: 14px 10px 25px 0px rgb(0 0 0 / 75%);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 14px 10px 25px 0px rgb(0 0 0 / 75%);
    -moz-box-shadow: 14px 10px 25px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.75);
    border: 0.5px solid #000000;
}

You can also add any other selectors, i.e…

.single-media,
.kg-image-card {
    box-shadow: 14px 10px 25px 0px rgb(0 0 0 / 75%);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 14px 10px 25px 0px rgb(0 0 0 / 75%);
    -moz-box-shadow: 14px 10px 25px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.75);
    border: 0.5px solid #000000;
}

Or… to add a nice frame around the images try this (see the image below to see what it looks like with the frame)…

.kg-image-card {
    border-radius: 0.5em;
    border: 10px solid #5f525200;
    box-shadow: 0 1.36px 8.896px #c4b59d, 0 0 1px !important;
    background-color: #fff;
}

There are plenty of online CSS generators you can play with to tweak to your liking and then copy/paste…

https://www.google.com/search?q=drop+shadow+css+generator

As an example… I used the one at Box Shadow CSS Generator to generate the above shadow.