Issue with Email Setup - 500 Error

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:

• https://stories.jkbaseer.com
  • What version of Ghost are you using? 4.22
  • What configuration? Digitalocean oneclick
  • What browser? Chrome
  • What errors or information do you see in the console? Pasted screenshot below
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? You can go to that blog and try submitting your email or put a dummy email

500 Error wherever I type the email for subscribe or trying to test send newsletter from Dashboard or any place. Basically email doesnt works

SMTP setup

"from": “something@mg.example.com",
    "transport": "SMTP",
    "options": {
      "service": "Mailgun",
      "host": "smtp.mailgun.org",
      "port": "587",
      "auth": {
        "user": “something@mg.example.com",
        "pass": “abdc”
      }

Would like to confirm, I read few threads already and doesn’t seem to be working for me.
The blog was released only before two days ago (Transitioning from wordpress), I was thinking the Ghost has native email, So I dont need to setup anything. And didn’t bother to test properly as well.
Only today realised, I need to setup a mailgun for the email to be working. My mailgun is an old account. and added this new domain for mg.domain.com. (& US host)

• I did restart
  • I used Ghost manager to add config as well
  • I checked log, nothing serious i can see. Only show BULK

Related errors in blog

code":"ESOCKET","name":"EmailError","statusCode":500,"level":"normal","message":"Failed to send email. Reason: 1397491248

I want to close this ticket.

NEVER USE MAILGUN. YOU will never figure out what’s the issue. Just used sendinblue, 5minutes. It’s just work seamlessly!

Hi,

I came across your post as I was trying to setup sendInblue to use ghost. How were you able to do it? I tried the following below without success.

Do you have a sample you could share please?

“mail”: {
“transport”: “SMTP”,
“options”: {
    “service”: “SendInBlue”,
    “host”: “smtp-relay.sendinblue.com”,
    “port”: 587,
“auth”: {
    “user”: “username”,
    “pass”: “SMTP key value”
    }
  }
},