Journal Official Theme — Bug on member only content

Issue Summary
- Explain roughly what’s wrong

When you publish members-only content (paid or free), there is a CTA that appears after the title and summary or after the public preview if you leave a part visible.
In all cases, there is a gradient that is supposed to blur the text a bit before the CTA. This gradient is not set correctly and gives a strange effect, as it blurs a part too far away from the CTA, which gives the impression of a display error.

- What did you expect to happen?

I like this text effect that fades away to make room for the CTA but it would have to be set correctly and I can’t manage to make any changes because I’m not very good with CSS.
I like this text effect that fades away to make room for the CTA but it would have to be set correctly and I can’t manage to make any changes because I’m not very good with CSS.
In the meantime, I just removed the gradient from the content-cta.hbs file but it’s a pity, because the gradient looks better if it’s well done.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Go to the Ghost marketplace, select Journal Theme
  2. Install it on your blog
  3. Create a member only post with excerpt and public preview
  4. Publish and see the result

Setup information

Ghost Version
Share which version of Ghost you’re using. 5.12

Node.js Version
If self-hosting - share which version of Node.js you’re using. 14.2

How did you install Ghost?
Provide some details about your install of Ghost if you are self-hosting. Digital Ocean Droplet

Provide details of your host & operating system Linux 20.
Include further details about your hosting and OS.

Database type
MySQL 8

Browser & OS version Edge updated
Include if reporting frontend bugs.

Relevant log / error output
Copy and paste any relevant log output. Use backticks to format this into code.

I’m not sure I can reproduce this. :thinking: Can you make sure you’re updated to the latest version of Journal and share a screenshot?

yes, that already what I did to check if the problem was because of my customs, but the problem remains even when updating to latest version of Journal and removing all my code injection, so I thought the official version has a bug.

Do you have a live link by any chance?

Here’s what it looks like for me :thinking:
CleanShot 2022-09-13 at 14.46.54

So, I tried this on chrome/firefox/safari, and I couldn’t reproduce the error. Which browser are you using?

Edge ! On mac OS. Both last updated.

Tried Edge, but I couldn’t reproduce.

Can you try a different browser on your machine? And try opening a private browsing window in Edge?

:thinking: weird. I left on a trip meanwhile, I’ll try when I am back next week.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.