Live post shows "<!--kg-card-begin: markdown-->"; Ghost post does not

When I publish my post, markdown leaves the &lt;!--kg-card-begin: markdown--&gt; bit in the live version, but it isn’t visible in the ghost admin side… Any ideas why, and what I can do?

@Jomiro_Eming are you able to share a URL where you are seeing this? Which theme are you using?

HTML comments are added around all cards as of 2.16.0 but they should not be displayed anywhere.

@Jomiro_Eming it doesn’t look like you’re using a typical Ghost theme setup, how are you pulling the content into your site? If you are using a Ghost theme are you able to share the part of your template that is outputting the content portion of posts?

@Jomiro_Eming that’s not what I meant :slight_smile: The content in the editor isn’t relevant here. Can you show your post.hbs template file or describe how your site is pulling content from Ghost if you’re not using a standard theme?

We’re pulling it down from the API. I guess the main question would be “why this post”, and not all the others that we fetch and parse in the same way

@Jomiro_Eming the HTML comments are only added to newly created or re-saved posts which is why you’re only seeing it for this post.

Can you check your API response for that post to see if you’re seeing &lt; rather than < for the comments in the html field? If not then that points to a bug in your parsing/rendering step that’s incorrectly sanitising HTML comments and making them visible.

Thanks, that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.