Mastering Ghost Architecture and Teach

I understand the general architectural principles of a web application. I want to go in depth and learn the various building blocks and their dependency and modularity.

I assume there is a path to start the journey. What is that path? Where can I read about the conceptual architecture and the solution architecture of Ghost?

If I get some pointers, I could use them to master Ghost and also teach Ghost

I would consider learning the building blocks of Ghost and mastering Ghost has two separate goals, not closely related.

The major technology building blocks of Ghost are Node.js and MySQL.

But to master Ghost is to to learn it as it experienced by theme developers, users and to make it perform well. To master Ghost, I would learn:

• How Ghost themes work, including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, the Handlebars templating language and Ghost’s custom tags
  • How to use the Ghost Content API and Admin API to extend functionality
  • Understanding website performance concepts like caching, reverse proxies, CDNs and Nginx performance tuning.

The most advanced form of mastery would be to learn Node.js and SQL to contribute modifications to Ghost itself, but in most cases that’s not required to run a successful blog.

I recommend having a specific goal, and learn what you need to support that goal.