Is this a good platform to use to blog about learning javascript?

Complete newbie question: Is this a good platform to use to blog about learning javascript?

I want to learn web development. I was considering using WordPress just to get started and build stuff, namely a blog that would track my progress. I’m planning on working through books to learn web dev. I thought that I would learn WordPress, then HTML/CSS/JS and the PHP/ MySQL and then maybe that would take me to Laravel.

This may seems trivial to those of you who are already front end developers, but again, I’m a noob.

So would it be crazy to start an acct here on ghost, make a blog showing what I’ve learned and a portfolio of all my work (it would be a lot, think all the homework in a book, plus some real world projects), maybe even post up some videos or even a chat?

I think that deep down, I really just want to do front end stuff for now, and not get into PHP/MySQL. Doing google searches brought me here. If I’m posting in the wrong place, then please let me know.

Any help / advice at all is appreciated.

Sincerely,
MK

It seems like you’re trying to maintain a blog with a decent amount of content. Ghost is designed specifically to do this. If you’re looking for a comparison, check out this page created by the Ghost maintainers: