Memberships payment methods?

Hello all, I’m considering Ghost for my SaaS, I saw that Stripe is the only payment method, are there any plans to add PayPal, because in Europe Creditcards not used so much in the non-business world(normal middle class). This would mean a huge loss of potential customers. Also, it is a must-have for every Membership shop to have the option for creating Coupons that we can give out, is this possible?

Thanks

You can try the PayPal + Ghost integration Official Ghost + PayPal Integration

1 Like

This seems a not so professional solution because the Member system of Ghost and this PP Buttons have no connection or have they?

According to the integration guide, the connection happens using Zapier:

Zapier automatically creates new Members in Ghost each time someone makes a successful sale from your PayPal buttons:

This is useful if you’d prefer to use PayPal as a payment provider instead of Stripe, or if you want to create one-off payments as well as subscriptions.

Yeah but then I depend again on one more app “Zapier”, I would love to see coming everything from the product I use “Ghost”. However, this is a general issue in the serverless/headlessCMS/BaaS market every single one is missing a proper way of monetizing App/Website with subscriptions and also have Stripe/PayPal & Coupon management, Ghost is however the one cms that comes closest to this but still, most features are missing what a successfully App/WebApp monetization needs, you still need a lot of patch-work and third-party tools like Zapier what I don’t want to depend on. This is exactly the reason why people still use WordPress, because Woo is so flexible and strong.

3 Likes

Stripe accepts debit cards, that are used everywhere in europe, i don’t really get your premise

1 Like

The percentage of people actually use them to buy stuff online is very small, PayPal is nr.1 in Europe

Still no PayPal?

1 Like

I second this. Please integrate Paypal in an easy way.

1 Like

I’m in the Philippines, and Stripe is not available in my country… Please have a Paypal option

2 Likes

Also looking for more payment options. I use Square and just realized Ghost is no longer looking like a good out of the box solution.

1 Like

Stripe is not providing any services in my country. More of this, my business is worldwide so I don’t want to be bound by a single country.
What’s the easiest way to make a custom integration so I can add my own API for all the Members features?

If ghost implements paddle as a payment partner for membership or like for one month payment… then there will be no barrier for payment and get paid for what you deserve. Now i cannot find ghost suitable for my blog because of only this reason sorry to say.

For those countries who doesn’t have paypal and stripe, if they can receive bank transfer(which i think most of us can) then ghost can be the best option for blogging.

I don’t understand what truly is the problem in adding PayPal as the payment option in Ghost itself why should I use a 47 euro subscription of Zapier for this simple thing? and also makes things complicated with editing the files etc. When it could be added to the system as well same as stripe.

I don’t understand the logic behind using Zapier and the editing stuff, maybe the deal between Ghost and Zapier or something. Whatever the reason I would like to see as a user Paypal as a payment option.

2 Likes

We’ve now resolved this issue and added beta support for additional payment methods - including Paypal and iDEAL

This will ship tomorrow in Ghost 5.82.0 and be available on Ghost(Pro) early next week

I’m going to close this topic, but please open new topics if you use this feature and have feedback about it - we’d love to hear how it goes.