Payment Gateways

Evening all,

I am the founder and administrator of an adult content blog. I switched over to Ghost earlier today, and so far I seem to like it much better than WordPress, aside from the migration glitches and bugs; Ghost seems to be a much better alternative.

That aside, however, I have run into a problem. I did not know this, but apparently Stripe no longer supports adult content, and lists adult content as a “restricted business” and therefore cannot be used to process payments. I know the Members is a current beta feature, but is there anything else right now that can be used to process payments in Ghost for subscription purposes? Or any planned future developments for another gateway alternative than Stripe?

It was extremely disheartening for me to run into this problem. I guess it is my own fault for not researching Stripe further. However, I have used Stripe in the past on another adult content blog without problems. But I guess the terms updated to restrict adult content which I did not know about. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time.

Hi @RheaHayworth. You can probably connect PayPal to Ghost Members using Zapier. I don’t know if PayPal subscriptions are supported but I’m sure one-off purchases are.

What other processors do you have available to you?

It looks like PayPal and Zapier integration is working now. I was running into an error yesterday using it but somehow it magically fixed itself overnight. I was also looking at SecurionPay but it appears they do not allow businesses located in the United States.

2 Likes

Are you using it with single payments only or subscriptions? I’d be interested to hear how you set it up.