Minimalist newsletter settings - Ghost Changelog

By popular demand, we made it possible to remove the post title and author info from email newsletters in Ghost, giving you more control over the types of emails you can deliver to your audience.

Now you can send different kinds of emails that look the part, such as:

Simple emails

Need an email to look more like a personal letter? No problem! Send quick notes, informal emails, or survey invites.

Announcements or marketing emails

Promote your paid subscriptions and special offers, or send any kind of announcement. (Pro tip: Header cards are great for this).

Roundup emails

Share a roundup of your latest posts or curated articles from around the web.

All you need to do is toggle the post title off in the email design settings, and then start creating your emails!

0:00
/

Ghost(Pro) users can log in and start enjoying all of this right away! If you're a developer, self-hosting Ghost, you'll need to update to the latest version to get access to everything that's new.

4 Likes

Amazing! YES. Now my emails should feel more personal.

There’s still a gap left for allowing line breaks/rich content in the footer area (or making it easy to always send an email-only snippet on a newsletter). Honestly, just enabling line breaks in the footer would be 100% better quality of life, and then it’s a matter of me remembering to insert email-only snippets before I hit send.

I LOVE the direction we’re headed in for this so def thanks team :)

I just checked it out and the only thing that would make the usability more friendly imo is being able to toggle the settings on the way to publish. Like we can have a default sure, but there may be some emails I want to send as a round up, others as a personal letter, etc. and having to go to the settings each time created some extra difficulty there whereas when I hit the preview or publish it would b easier to just double check & toggle it on the way to scheduling or publishing.

This is def a big step in a very helpful direction regardless though so thank you guys!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.