Mix HTML into a Markdown card

Is it normal that it doesn’t seem possible to mix HTML into a Markdown card?

I’m currently looking for a way for normal users to be able to edit the text on a specially formatted page, without knowing too much HTML.

So I was thinking of using a Markdown card which offers a little WYSIWYG (bold, italic and other links) and inserting a little HTML to mark certain sections, but obviously that doesn’t seem to work.

Someone would have any idea? Or do I have no choice but to use an HTML card and tell my users to use HTML tags? :thinking:

<div class="myclass">
    <p>It doesn't seem possible to mix **Markdown** and HTML, to allow the user to set CSS classes on elements.</p>
</div>

**OUTSIDE**

Thanks!

One option I’ve used is to save a snippet with the opening and closing div (including my class), then have the user wrap them around the material to be selected/styled. That reduces the amount of HTML the user needs to write to basically zero, and in fact, you wouldn’t need markdown in your simple example, either.

Markdown typically requires blank lines around HTML block elements and markdown to differentiate between the two. Try this instead:

<div class="myclass">

This is a **markdown** paragraph inside the div.

</div>

Thanks, but even if it works, I feel like the risk of having bugs when mixing HTML in Markdown is too high with this solution. :confused:

Test 1

<div class="myclass">

It doesn't seem possible to mix **Markdown** and HTML, to allow the user to set CSS classes on elements.

</div>

produces indeed

<div class="myclass">
<p>It doesn't seem possible to mix <strong>Markdown</strong> and HTML, to allow the user to set CSS classes on elements.</p>
</div>

Test 2

But, if the user adds too many spaces before its text:

<div class="myclass">

It doesn't seem possible to mix **Markdown** and HTML, to allow the user to set CSS classes on elements.

</div>

It would produce:

<div class="myclass">
<pre><code> It doesn't seem possible to mix **Markdown** and HTML, to allow the user to set CSS classes on elements.
</code></pre>
</div>

Not quite what I expected :sweat_smile:

Indeed, a snippet could work, but since certain elements are only likely to be found on a single page and the user is not likely to add any, it does not seem to me to be a viable option in this context.

But thanks anyway! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: