Monetize Youtube with Ghost & Idea Exchange

Hi, I am starting a youtube channel and wanted to launch a blog along with it. Will be looking at ways to monetize my content. Wanted to make this post to start a discussion or get ideas on how to go about this with the new members area in ghost? I am new to both ghost & youtube, is there a way to embed private videos in premium blog posts? Thoughts on using this as well to make courses?

Any other ideas you might have or done yourself? Would love to get the communities ideas on this topic :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance for your response!

2 Likes

Hey :wave:t3:

You can definitely embed YouTube videos on member-only or paid-members only posts in Ghost :)

I think the easiest way to do this is to mark videos as unlisted on YouTube. This wouldn’t prevent your members from sharing the video, but it would stop it from appearing in YouTube’s algorithms. Other tools such as Wistia and Vimeo have paid options that provide more member-only features.

Definitely interested to hear more from the community if anyone is already using Ghost Members to embed private video content!

3 Likes

Thank you Kym! :slight_smile:

Looks like Vimeo’s Domain Level Security is the best option if there is budget for a paid video host.

Love to hear or see an example of cool ways others are using this feature right now :slight_smile:

3 Likes