Native Gallery system

Sometimes, if you have different articles that are from the same category and you want them to have the same featured image, you have to re-upload the image over and over again.

It would be interesting to be able to access an internal gallery with the images uploaded to the server and select the image from the server itself, this way you don’t have to upload the same image many times.

1+ upvote

I really need this one

Definitely! The current gallery, limited to 9 images and with the captions at the bottom, is really not good enough. I used to run photo stories all the time, as I’ve got two really good photographers who contribute to the site. Some of their pictures and galleries actually won awards.

But now, with the limitations of the current system, I almost never do a photo story any more. A decent gallery block would be a significant addition to Ghost.

I think we have not understood each other.

What I comment is not about the galleries in the article. I mean the possibility of enabling a file manager to select images or files that have already been uploaded to the server.

2 Likes

Like this one?

It seems that votes should be merged → we really want this on Ghost :)

Mmm, it would be similar, but not exactly the same. From what I understood, that post talks about a section where you can see the files for each post.

What I am referring to is having an option when you are writing a post to add images that are already uploaded to the server. Similar to what WordPress has in its “media” section.

In this way, you can add an image to a post that has been used in a previous article without having to re-upload the file to the server.

1 Like