Ghost(Pro) has already implemented changes to comply with these requirements. See our help docs or reach out to support to learn more.
The new email requirements only affect Ghost publications which send newsletters to at least 5,000 recipients per day. If your publication falls under this threshold, these requirements don’t apply to you.
The good news is that many Ghost sites are likely already compliant and don’t need to do anything.
- Update Ghost to the latest version. In recent releases, we’ve updated Ghost to comply with these new requirements, including the ability for members to easily unsubscribe and better support for custom-sending domains.
- Configure DMARC records for email domains and confirm SPF and DKIM records are configured correctly. These records are set via your DNS, not via Ghost.
Google and Yahoo’s new requirements are significant. These changes are being gradually rolled out and may initially encounter some issues. With that in mind, we expect to see volatility in deliverability rates across the entire email industry for the next few months.
In the long run, though, this will be a big win for reputable newsletters with less cluttered inboxes, a better experience for readers, and more security for senders.
- Our mail config docs have been updated to better explain how sending email addresses works in Ghost.
- Understand DMARC better with dmarcian’s guide.
- Google’s full list of requirements.
- Yahoo’s full list of requirements.
These new requirements promise a better email experience that’s more secure and less spammy
However, dealing with these requirements is complex. Drop any additional questions or difficulties below for community support, and we’ll do our best to help.