Newbies subgroup

I just joined this forum and wanted to know if there is a thread for new users. I’m using the basic Casper theme and setting up a very simple publication–it’s actually like an “online magazine” and does not need subscribes, members, etc.

I’m not the type of person looking for this:
add the following css in code injection area or in your theme.

.nav-youtube img {
max-height: 20px;
width: auto;
}

It’s stuff like:
–Why does it seem impossible to simply change a tag on a regular post?
–Are the “tags” for metacrawlers, or are they just a mechanism used for arranging posts?
–Why can I find nowhere that shows me how to back up my material?
–How can I get rid of the “Author” byline? Currently I am writing all the material. I don’t want that to be on all of them.

Keep in mind I have used WordPress, Wix, Medium, Substack and a variety of other formats. I’ve spent a lot of time in the Help section and read/understand fully well, but it is astoundingly difficult to follow.

Sorry to all the experts here who are thinking smh right now. And thanks to anyone who can help.

I agree with you about the need for “levels” in the forum, although I think there might be two “newbies” groups: new to Ghost, and new to CSS/coding and so on.

As someone who has come from Wordpress, I’ve learned that many of the front-end changes have to be done through editing your theme and re-uploading it. That would be the case with the byline issue. (For now, I’ll leave it at that. More can be said if you want to get into it.)

As for the other questions, I’ll leave those to others who might jump in here.

And … welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like