One time purchase / per post paid access

Ghost Members / Stripe integration is great - thanks for everyone making this happen! With Members publishers can do only do recurring charges. Yet there may be content / posts that could work as one time purchases - long form essays / videos / maybe even as “no strings attached” single post previews purchases etc.

Naively, I look at this as option in post access setting, where you pick “Paid” and can enter the price and under the hood Stripe product is created etc. and you

But I understand that there’s a lot questions/complexity this brings on the table, so just wandered if this is something team considered and what’s your opinion about this?

The economics of 1 time purchases for small pieces of content (aka micropayments) don’t work - many have tried - nobody has ever succeeded, which is the main reason we focus on subscriptions. This is covered in more detail on Ghost: The Creator Economy Platform

The economics do work for larger pieces of content, like albums or movies, but at that point you’re talking about ecommerce - which is not what Ghost is for, and you’d be better off using something like Shopify

2 Likes

That’s what I assumed too. Thank you for your answer (love how Ghost remains super focused)

No worries :hugs:

If you are still interested in the topic, you can try out pay-per-content.com which is a free to try and easy to integrate pay per post solution for ghost.