Publication cover not showing anymore in Landing layout (Source theme)

Hello,

I have injected the following code which will add the LinkedIn icon to my navigation and make the logo on the top bar bigger:

.nav .nav-linkedin a { font-size: 0 !important; }
.nav .nav-linkedin a::before {
    font-family: "Font Awesome 6 Brands";
    display: inline-block;
    font-size: 20px;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-variant: normal;
    text-rendering: auto;
    -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
}

.nav .nav-linkedin a::before {content: "\f08c"}

.gh-navigation-logo img {
max-height: 65px;
}

It all worked fine with my setup, showing the Publication cover in the Landing layout for the Homepage (Source theme).

I then tried to change the header font colour displayed on top of the publication cover image, which is currently white. I added and removed pieces of code from the code injection, but it didn’t work (I am stating this only to describe what I did, the header font colour is a separate issue).

Long story short, now the publication cover is not showing in the landing layout of the homepage anymore.

Please help! Thanks a lot!

Alex

So it’s possible that you broke something with code injection, but… it’s also possible that you’ve tripped over the default behavior of Source, which is that the publication cover section doesn’t show on the landing page for logged in users. Can you log out (click the portal button and select sign-out) and see if it reappears?

I’m betting that’s it, but if not, you could go back to the code injection and make sure you have a closing /style tag, and that all your quotations marks and brackets are matched.

That’s the case, it is the desired behaviour of a logged in user. I am wondering if there is a way to customise the logged in vs logged out layout.
Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you’d have to edit the theme. Unfortunately that section doesn’t render, rather than just being hidden.

1 Like