Send emails to users based on activity

Hi everyone! I have a newsletter on substack and I am thinking of migrating to Ghost.

In my routine, I send a “Here is what you have missed” email to users that have not opened previous emails for a while.

Is there a way to do that in Ghost, either natively or through some integration?

The way I see it is that you can’t do that natively, because 1) each email sent should come from a post 2) you cannot segment users based on activity and send emails only to a subset of them.

I also think you can’t do that via an integration (e.g. ConvertKit), because you can sync users but activity information stays on Ghost.

Can someone confirm this or point me to a way of doing it?

Thank you!
Luca

There’s no straightforward or reliable way of doing that right now, but it’s an interesting idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can use Mailerlite/Convertkit and other ESPs that provide automation based on user activity on the emails you send them.

Connect Ghost and Mailerlite with Zapier/Integromat and sync users.

When you send emails to your subs via Mailerlite/Convertkit, you can create email sequences and workflows according to user behavior like link clicks, email opens etc.